Because Jacob Loves You, Jack
It ends tonight
Why You Need to Watch It
1. ABC Extended the Finale by [an additional] 30 minutes
Knowing that they'd have no other opportunity to play sad music and talk about a mysterious island, ABC decided to have the season finale of Lost a 2 and a half hour event. I feel bad for those of you going to work Monday morning. I can see a 'Dark Monday' ahead of us as so many American workers will be going to work either confused or tired, but most likely both. This should give them plenty of time to either spam through the TV (wouldn't be the first time), replay 5 and a half seasons before a regular 90 minute finale, or maybe it'll give ABC enough time to explain things from the past seasons and conclude the story of Lost.
2. What is The Island
While giving a talk at TED a few years ago, J.J. Abrams said the following:
"When I see people they usually ask me one particular questions: What the hell is the Island? And this question is usually followed by something like: Really, what the hell is the Island?"
Some people have articulatd that the Island is a physical manifestation of Limbo. J.J. Abrams explicitly said it literaly wasn't so. Sunday night you'll get to know what exactly the Island is, where it came from, who created it, and why it ends up under the ocean somewhere between Sydney and Los Angeles. Yes, the Island has been likened unto a bottle of wine, a source of light and all good things inside a person, hell, a place of birth, live, and death, but as the wise man once said, "What the hell is the Island?"
3. You'll Set your Mind at Ease
The most important reason you need to watch the Lost Finale this Sunday is so you can rest your mind at ease knowing all the little details and intricacies have been answered and resolved. Here are the most important questions Lost fans demand an answer for this weekend:
1. What the Hell is the Island ?
2. Where did the Light come from ?
3. Where do people go when they die ?
4. How did Jacob build that statue of Taweret ?
5. What's with the numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42, 108 ?
6. What really happened to the Dharma folks?
7. If the Island has special powers, how come she couldn't make Walt look young so he could appear in the show more?
8. What was up with Walt having psychic powers in Lost Season 1?
9. How come the Black Rock (the Ship) is so far in the Island, and yet it crashed on Jacob's Statue at the beach?
10. What's with all the Latin stuff?
11. What lies in the shadow of the statue? "Ille que no onmes servabit" (Just felt like saying it)
12. If the island cured Rose from her cancer, made Locke walk, helped Jack understand his dad loved him, and helped Kate escape justice, how come it can't make Hurley lose weight?
13. What was the deal with Richard going to see John Locke in season 4?
14. What was the deal with the Polar Bears?
15. What was the deal with Ben Linus and Charles Widmore fighting over the island all that time, and in the end neither of them had anything to do with the Island?
16. What's up with the brain wash video of "God loves you as much as he loves Jacob"?
17. What was so special about Aaron (Claire's son)?
18. Would Neo (from the Matrix) have survived the Island?
19. Would Verizon get good connection in the Island, or would AT&T do a better job?
I guess we'll have to watch the show and find out, won't we?!